SENIOR ADULT MINISTRY
Are you looking for a place where you can connect with older adults and run with endurance the Christian life race to glorify your personal Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ? If so, you’ve found the place to which you should belong!
The Senior Adult Ministry of First Baptist Church Strives to:
- Provide solid Bible Study and Discipleship for all Senior Adults
- Provide a loving and personal touch to each Senior Adult
- Provide ministry opportunities for every Senior to exercise their gifts and abilities
- Provide fellowship activities that allow Seniors to experience a good time and cultivate lasting friendships
The Senior Adult Ministry offers endless opportunities for all Seniors (age 55 and above)
- Weekly Bible Study(each Sunday at 9:15 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall)
- Monthly JOY Group Brunch (2nd Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall)
- Monthly JOY Group Luncheon (4th Tuesday at 12 noon in the Fellowship Hall)
- Monthly Nursing Home ministry (1st Wednesday at 1:00 p.m.- Heritage Nursing Home)
- 1st Thursday at 2:00 p.m. – Life Care Nursing Home)
- Monthly Trips and Events
Encourage one another and build one another up
1 Thessalonians 5:11
1 Thessalonians 5:11
The Care Ministry of First Baptist Church provides support and encouragement for those who are facing challenging circumstances. There are times when each of us needs the caring support of another person, a Christian friend. These may include but are not limited to:
- The hospitalized
- The terminally ill
- The homebound
- Those with job crisis
- Those with family crisis
- Those grieving death or loss
There are groups within our fellowship who are established to be a catalyst of Care.
The Pastoral Care Staff extends compassionate ministry and prayer to those who are hospitalized through personal visitation in the area hospitals. Recent changes in the law have limited the information hospitals can give to those requesting information about patients, so it is necessary to contact the church office to report any admissions or surgical procedures. You may call the church office at (423) 586-0522.
Barnabas Care Leaders
The Barnabas Care Ministry extends personal ministry by regularly visiting those members who are confined to home, home facilities such as Nursing Homes and Assisted Living, or facing other challenging circumstances that may require an Encourager for a short period of time. Volunteers maintain regular contact with these members through monthly visits, cards, and phone calls. If you would like to participate in the Barnabas Care Leader Ministry call (423) 586-0522 to learn how you can become a part of an rewarding ministry.
Sunday School Classes
Adult Sunday School classes are most effective when they are organized to reach, teach, minister and fellowship. Care group leaders are established in our adult classes for the specific purpose of caring for the needs of class members.
The Ministerial Staff
The Ministerial staff is exhorted in Ephesians 4:12 to equip the saints to be effective in practicing the ministry of touching lives through love and care.
The Deacon Body
The word deacon means servant. Scripture instructs deacons to demonstrate care to the church family by modeling the example of a servant.