Children's Ministry Upcoming Events
Preschool - The Footer
In construction the footer is defined as supporting the foundation. In most situations this footer must be constructed before other work on the structure can begin. The Preschool Ministry of FBC will focus on your preschooler as a person who is fully capable and prepared to learn about God’s love for them. As a result of being in our Preschool Ministry, each child should know that the Bible is God’s Word. They will also learn:
1) Who God is and what He is like. [No Image]
2) Who Jesus is and why He came to earth.
3) That God is the creator of the world and everything in it.
4) That God gave us families to demonstrate love, obedience, cooperation, help, and relationships.
5) That they are loved by God and he has made them special.
6) That God gave us the church to demonstrate His love to them and to others.7) That God has given us community helpers and leaders. We should pray for them and be thankful for them.
Children - The Foundation
If Preschool ministry is the footer, then Children’s Ministry is the Foundation. It is the supporting structure for the life we are attempting to build. The foundation blocks of the Children’s Ministry are.
1) We desire that children internalize God’s Word, to truly know Him and His word.
2) We desire that children know and experience a conversational relationship with God through prayer.
3) We desire that every child have an opportunity to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ and respond to it.
4) We desire that every child know that they are a valuable part of the body of Christ (the Church). With these foundational building blocks in place we hope to make strong students who can be moved to a deeper relationship with Christ.
Children’s Ministry Staff
Children’s Picture Gallery
Preteen - Contruction Begins
Preteens are a unique group of individuals who need to be challenged, praised, guided and sometimes disciplined. They are the focus of television executives and ad agencies. At First Baptist Church we believe that preteens are valuable and deserve our attention. We view this time of 5th and 6th grades as an opportunity for the preteen to begin to apply learned behavior and develop a spiritual walk which moves them from children to adolescents. This ministry is called "The Bridge" signifying the change that these children are experiencing in life. As preteens prepare to enter the student ministry of First Baptist we continue to use our construction metaphor. Our goal at First Baptist is to develop fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. The Preteen ministry will…
1) Continue to provide opportunities for preteens to internalize God’s Word. We will begin to move from a memorization mindset to an application lifestyle by providing opportunities of service and ministry.
2) Continue to help preteens develop an active prayer life based on their growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Moving their focus beyond themselves and their family to our church and the world they live in.
3) Continue to take every opportunity to share Jesus Christ with the preteens who have not yet chosen Jesus as Savior and Lord. While at the same time teaching those who have committed their lives to begin sharing there faith with others.
4) Continue to stress to the preteen how important they are to the body of believers of First Baptist Church and to the body of Christ throughout the world.
The B.R.I.D.G.E. acrostic stands for Becoming Real In Discipleship, Growth, and Evangelism. It symbolizes the transition that preteen are experiencing in their lives. Come be a part of this exciting ministry to preteens at First Baptist Church.
REGULARLY SCHEDULED ACTIVITIES