ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE HOURS
Monday-Friday by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, contact: 423-586-0522 or 423-307-5652
If you have scheduled an appointment, please complete the ‘Confidential Information’ form and bring it to your first session.
In today’s world, often frustrating and complex, the abundant life may seem impossible. Christian Care & Counseling of First Baptist Church is committed to helping individuals overcome life’s obstacles and achieve the “abundance of life” that Christ desires for each of us.
OUR COUNSELING MODEL
Our counseling approach is a Christ-centered perspective where individual needs are addressed in a safe and compassionate setting. It is our belief that life’s challenges often involve spiritual battles; as such, interventions based on Biblical truths are the foundation of our care.
To apply Biblical truths as the cornerstone of care
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.”
2 Timothy 3:16
To help individuals to understand and embrace their God-given worth
“For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb.”
To offer encouragement in times of trouble
“The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him.” –
To provide support in making life-affirming choices
“Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.” Psalm 119:105
- Individual Counseling – Personal and spiritual growth, coping with depression, anxiety, grief, stress, handling difficult relationships
- Premarital Counseling – Marriage preparation, understanding a covenant relationship, personality assessments, exploring family of origin backgrounds, building communication skills and financial planning
- Marriage Counseling – Communication, conflict resolution, emotional and sexual intimacy, infidelity recovery, handling crisis, dealing with financial issues
- Family Counseling – Building effective communication, developing parenting skills, adjusting to life changes, relationships between family members, child & adolescent behavioral issues
- Group Sessions – Rotating group sessions include Caregiver Therapy Group, Living with Chronic Pain, as well as Divorce Care. For more information contact the counseling office: (423) 307-5652 or (423) 586-0522 ext. 252
Our counselors’ credentials include a minimum of Masters Level training in counseling or related area. Along with their training, they may also possess professional and/or specialty licensure and/or membership in a professional Christian counseling association.
- Rachel (Beth) Greene – Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Counseling from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Licensed Professional Counselor with the State of Tennessee, Board Certified Professional Christian Counselor with the Board of Christian Professional and Pastoral Counselors.
- Lynn Hicks – Diploma in Christian Counseling from Richmont Graduate University, Master’s in Community Counseling from Georgia State University, Licensed Professional Counselor and Licensed Psychological Examiner with the State of Tennessee.
- Jane Joyce – Master’s in Mental Health and Behavioral Counseling from Carson-Newman University, Education Specialist in Counseling and Education Collaboration from Carson-Newman University. Currently under supervision for Licensed Professional Counselor credential.
- Gary Maas – Master of Education in Marriage and Family Counseling from East Tennessee State University, Education Specialist in School of Psychology from University of Tennessee, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with the State of Tennessee, Certified in Moral Reconation Therapy.
SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT
Administrative office hours are Monday through Wednesday from 9 AM – 5PM. You may contact our office
(423) 307-5652 or (423) 586-0522, ext. 252 to request more information and/or schedule an appointment. If you leave a message, a counselor will return your call to answer questions, discuss needs and provide information on appointment availability. LifeSource Counseling schedules 50 minute sessions on Monday through Friday, by appointment only.
It is our desire to provide professional counseling at an affordable cost to members as well as non-members of First Baptist Church; as such, we offer a sliding-fee from $55 – $25, based on gross annual income. We do not accept insurance.